Software Developer (Southampton or remote)
We’re looking for a talented Software Developer to join our team. As part of the software team you’ll work on a range of high impact Digital Products across the web and mobile platforms.
This role can either be based in our Southampton office (with flexible working and work from home options) or remote from anywhere within the UK. If remote, some travel to our offices in Southampton will be required for team get togethers.
Primarily you will be working in PHP (Laravel) but will also be required to turn your hand to engineering cross platform mobile applications (using Ionic).
We’d like to see
- Strong understanding of Programming Principles (OO, MVC etc)
- Experience using a modern PHP framework on a non-trivial product (e.g. Laravel or Symfony)
- Experience building and consuming RESTful API’s
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g. MySQL) and the use of an ORM
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git)
- An ability to architect a good technical solution to a problem, based on sound reasoning
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Linux server configuration and/or appropriate tooling (e.g. Ansible)
- An understanding of SOLID principles
- An ability to adhere to coding standards and an understanding of tools that might be useful
- Agency (or similar) experience where you’re used to working on multiple concurrent tasks
- Experience with Tech for Good or working with high-impact Not For Profit’s
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Positive – willing to embrace challenges, seek solutions and able to keep the team motivated
- Confident – able to make decisions and articulate plans to other people
- Self aware – knows when they do not have the answer and should rely on others in the team
- Ambitious – keen to develop yourself, others in the team and the company
- Approachable and friendly
- Highly organised and able to multi-task
- A great communicator
- A strong problem solver
- Passionate about your craft with a strong attention to detail
- Honest – shows integrity and owns their mistakes
- Excited by Tech for Good
- An enthusiastic social team player that enjoys life – We love the work we do and have built a fun, relaxed environment that encourages team collaboration as well as individual growth. We are looking for someone to build into and add to our great culture, continuing to make Rareloop a great place to work.
As a valued part of our team you’ll get
- A competitive salary (£30-45k DOE)
- 25 days holiday
- Sick pay package
- Flexible working hours
- A great work/life balance
- Contributory Pension (after 3 months)
- An opportunity to develop & grow your skills within an expert team
- Continuing Personal Development (CPD)
- Yearly training budget
- Free coffee/tea and soft drinks
- Regular free lunches to celebrate team wins
- Private Medical Insurance*
- Dental cover*
- Optical cover*
- Employee Assistance Programme*
- Eye care vouchers
- Central Southampton office location with free parking
*after successful completion of probation
We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to inclusive environment for all employees regardless of an individuals age, gender, relationship status, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability status.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no deadline for applicants, we’re keen to hire the right person and willing to take our time to find them.
No recruiters/agencies please!
We partner with impactful organisations to enable purpose, people & profit using human-centred design and Tech for Good.
Why we do it
We believe that good design and the right technology can have a transformative impact on organisations, their stakeholders and the wider community. Driven by product designs ability to solve real problems, the status quo rarely seems sufficient, our innate curiosity forces us to continually experiment. We love what we do!
Checkout our values to see what drives us.
What’s it like to work at Rareloop?
Our Web Developer Michelle wrote about her first 6 weeks with us and what it’s like being part of the team.