Digital Project Manager
We’re looking for a Digital Project Manager to work alongside our Design & Development team, to help deliver a range of high impact Digital Products and build lasting relationships with our clients.
The role is a full time position based at our studio in Southampton & requires a mixture of strong technical organisation and people skills.
We’d like to see
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Familiarity with a range of PM tools (e.g. Trello, Asana)
- Agency (or similar) experience where you’re used to working on multiple concurrent tasks
- A strong understanding of the software delivery process and typical issues surrounding Digital Product Development.
- Experience delivering both website and software/app projects from start to finish
- Experience scheduling team resources across multiple concurrent projects
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience with Tech for Good or working with high-impact Not For Profit’s
- An understanding of what WordPress is and the benefits to clients
- An understanding of Ionic and/or a hybrid approach to app development and the benefits to clients
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Positive – willing to embrace challenges, seek solutions and able to keep the team motivated
- Confident – able to make decisions and articulate plans to other people
- Self aware – knows when they do not have the answer and should rely on others in the team
- Ambitious – keen to develop yourself, others in the team and the company
- Approachable and friendly
- Highly organised and able to multi-task
- A great communicator
- A strong problem solver
- Honest – shows integrity and owns their mistakes
- Excited by Tech for Good
- An enthusiastic social team player that enjoys life – We love the work we do and have built a fun, relaxed environment that encourages team collaboration as well as individual growth. We are looking for someone to build into and add to our great culture, continuing to make Rareloop a great place to work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Studio resource management across multiple projects and clients
- Successful scoping and planning of non-trivial Digital Products in collaboration with Design & Development teams
- Own project requirements and keep project documentation up to date
- Manage project backlogs and run sprint planning meetings
- Ensure projects are delivered to a high standard, within budget and on time
- Work with stakeholders to unblock issues
- Proactively seek to improve internal processes, to improve efficiencies and reduce bottlenecks
- Facilitate and lead client calls/meetings and workshops
- Effectively communicate project progress to internal & external stakeholders, identifying risks to budget or payment and delivery schedules
- Assist with pre-sales commercial discussions
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow our relationships with existing clients
- Contribute to company strategic projects and initiatives
As a valued part of our team you’ll get
- A competative salary (£30k+ DOE)
- 25 days holiday
- Sick pay package
- Flexible working hours
- A great work/life balance
- Contributory Pension (after 3 months)
- An opportunity to develop & grow your skills within an expert team
- Continuing Personal Development (CPD)
- Yearly training budget
- Free coffee/tea and soft drinks
- Regular free lunches to celebrate team wins
- Private Medical Insurance*
- Dental cover*
- Optical cover*
- Employee Assistance Programme*
- Eye care vouchers
- Central Southampton office location with free parking
*after successful completion of probation
We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to inclusive environment for all employees regardless of an individuals age, gender, relationship status, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability status.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. There is no deadline for applicants, we’re keen to hire the right person and willing to take our time to find them.
No recruiters/agencies please!
We partner with impactful organisations to enable purpose, people & profit using human-centred design and Tech for Good.
Why we do it
We believe that good design and the right technology can have a transformative impact on organisations, their stakeholders and the wider community. Driven by product designs ability to solve real problems, the status quo rarely seems sufficient, our innate curiosity forces us to continually experiment. We love what we do!
Checkout our values to see what drives us.
What’s it like to work at Rareloop?
Our Web Developer Michelle wrote about her first 6 weeks with us and what it’s like being part of the team.