Are you a talented digital product designer looking for a new challenge? We want you to join our team!
The role is a full time position based at our studio in Southampton and requires a mixture of UI and UX design experience. We’re looking for someone with strong problem solving skills and an understanding of user focused approaches to design.
You’ll help our partner organisations to conceptualise & deliver a range of digital products and then provide guidance and further direction to help evolve them once launched. Our work spans the web, apps and bespoke software but design is always at the forefront and is central across all phases of a project. We’re looking for a well rounded team player, with a real passion for digital. A curiosity for how things work & how they could be improved is essential.
We’d like to see
- Experience designing digital products E.g. Websites, non-trivial apps, platforms/dashboards/process driven systems
- Experience with UX and Interaction Design. E.g. User research, wireframes, prototyping, information architectures.
- Experience with Visual Design for digital projects. E.g. Web design, UI, strong creative ability, style tiles, pattern libraries.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to express your ideas clearly to others in the team and also to clients.
- Ability to lead/facilitate workshops E.g. Design sprints, Discovery sessions, Innovation workshops
- An ability to multi-task. We often have multiple projects running at any one time, you’ll be expected to meet multiple deadlines across multiple projects.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A high attention to detail.
- An enthusiastic social team player that enjoys life. We love the work we do and have built a fun, relaxed environment that encourages team collaboration as well as individual growth. We’re looking for people that will help us build a great culture and continue to make Rareloop a great place to work.
- A passion to learn and grow
What you can expect
We’re committed to seeing people grow and their careers develop, here is what you can expect to be doing in the first 6 months:
Month 1: You’ll get orientated to the team and see how design feeds the rest of the product lifecycle. You’ll become familiar with our tooling and processes and also begin designing for new and existing clients.
Month 3: You’ll be up to speed and confidently directing the design of a number of projects, both visually and functionally. You’ll partake in design workshops to help clients make sense of their ideas, creating interactive prototypes and communicating concepts and workflows.
You’ll take an active role in studio life, getting involved socially and helping us to build upon our culture.
Month 6: As an integral part of the team you’ll lead on all stages of design, helping to shape and refine our processes to add more value to our clients. You’ll also work on internal projects and products and be instrumental in the design of Rareloop’s output across multiple channels.
As a valued part of our team you’ll get
- A great work/life balance
- An opportunity to develop & grow your skills within an expert team
- Access to a Mac with all required software
- To partake in ‘Food Friday’
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Opportunities to attend leading industry conferences
- Unrestricted, priority access to the Southampton Open Device Lab
- Assortment of coffees/teas
- Your birthday off (on top of your normal annual leave)
Salary guide: £28-35k (depending on experience)
If this sounds like the role for you and you’d like to explore this with us some more please email your CV and any related links (portfolio, examples of work etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no deadline for applicants, we’re keen to hire the right person and willing to take our time to find them.
No recruiters/agencies please! We’re looking for a talented, motivated individual that has shown the desire to work with us by taking the time to contact us directly.
We’re a multi-award winning Digital Product Studio that create bespoke websites, apps and software. We work with a number of established organisations ranging from SME’s, large brands and Not For Profits offering both strategy and design & build services. We’re a blend of designers, developers and problem solvers that love what we do and push each other to continually improve.